If you are updating your website or facing a known back-end issue, then you should upload a maintenance page on to your website. This is very important because if you do not have a maintenance page installed on your website, users will think that your website has gone offline and it may affect your traffic flow. Instead, if you update a maintenance page on your website, the visitors will know that there is some maintenance work going on in the back-end and will surely check out the website later.
If you have a WordPress site then today we bring you one of the best maintenance page plugins for WordPress. The plugin we are going to review today is the “Under Construction Page” WordPress plugin by Web Factory Ltd.
You may ask that why would we require a custom plugin to display a maintenance or under construction page on WordPress when you can manually design them. But the advantage of using a plugin like the Under Construction Page WordPress plugin rather than coding a maintenance page on your own is that it saves you time.
Not just time saving, but the Under Construction Page WordPress plugin has much more features built in. Read on for the detailed review below to find out.
Under Construction Page WordPress Plugin Review
The Under Construction Page WordPress plugin is best for beginners as it features a friendly setup and an ON/OFF mode to enable or disable the maintenance page whenever required.
Despite being free to use on any WordPress site, the Under Construction plugin has some very professional features. The main feature being the wide variety of maintenance and under construction designs which you can implement on your website depending on the style and type of your website.
The plugin is completely SEO optimized so that it does not affect your website’s ranking or traffic in any manner. Also, the plugin features support for Google Analytics as well so that you do not lose any traffic data even when your website is under maintenance.
The features and functionalities offered by the Under Construction Page WordPress plugin is the main reason for its more than 100K active users with a monthly increase in user base by over 10K. Also, the satisfaction of the users is very much visible with the 800+ five star reviews that the plugin has received so far.
Below are some of the other best features offered by the Under Construction Page WordPress plugin
- You can set the Date and Time in advance for the Under Construction Page plugin to turn ON, plugin will automatically turn OFF and your website will be resumed to normal.
- You can add custom CSS codes into the plugin to make any personal modifications.
- New maintenance page designs are added to the library twice every month.
- The maintenance pages will feature almost all social media icons like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, WhatsApp etc and even an Email button. More social media icons are added to every update of the plugin.
- You can whitelist users if you want them to see the actual website even when the plugin is turned ON.
- Premium support through Email to help you resolve any kind of issue that you may face while using the plugin.
How to Install the Under Construction Page WordPress plugin?
If you are interested to install the Under Construction Page plugin on your WordPress site, below is how you can do so:
- Log in to the Administrator dashboard of your WordPress site.
- Click on the option that says “Plugins”.
- Now click on the “Add New” option.
- In the page that appears, click on the search bar that appears in the top right corner of the dashboard and search for “Under Construction Page”.
- From the results of plugins that appears, click on the “Install Now” button next to the “Under Construction” plugin by “Web Factory Ltd”.
- Once installed, the plugin should be visible under the “Installed Plugins” section in the “Plugins” section.
- Click on the plugin that you just installed and then activate it to enable the maintenance page on your WordPress site.
The Under Construction Page WordPress plugin is one of the best maintenance page WordPress plugins out there. Hope you found this article helpful. Do not forget to share the article and subscribe to us for more helpful reviews like this one.
Also, if you are already using the Under Construction Page WordPress plugin on your site, then do share your review about the plugin as comments below.