Cloud hosting allows users to design the web infrastructure in most flexible way. This has led to greater internet speed and costs of servers to fall. There are various companies offering cloud hosting solutions.
But what does that really mean in business and daily life? With technological growth business is now promoted via the internet. Adopting cloud hosting solutions is one of the features that are lately in market.
Concept Of Cloud Hosting
- There is no physical object through which web connection is set up.
- The cloud has no virtual existence as one might think it looks like!
- An electronic structure that acts as data store house and stores information of different computers that are remotely connected via the network forms the structural basis of what you think as cloud.
- Cloud hosting allows the server farms to behave as one large processor as well as storage device.
- The data of various websites seem to be stored and connected together with one visual disk having tremendous capacity.
- Servers that have adopted cloud hosting can serve unlimited machines to run.
Cloud Hosting- A Part Of The Internet
It may now seem that the cloud is synonymous with the Internet. But the cloud is actually a small part of the Internet. When we use cloud hosting, we are actually referring to one small piece of the World Wide Web. But let us take closer look within the cloud system to explore the idea clearly. The concept of cloud hosting forms the framework of the Internet. The high speed and bandwidth requirements are increasing day by day. This is also accompanied with data storage and data transfer. To connect and establish a common platform for the users, the establishment of cloud in accordance with the global internet is now into practice. Users can control data flow, can connect, share data, ideas and stories and most importantly communication can be established through the cloud hosted servers.
Storage And Power Capacity
The cloud system is huge sized platform controlling multiple server environments. The OS system forms the backbone with these systems and controls all the power and storage capacity. The admin of the servers are allowed access via the terminal ends. The CPU of all systems can be checked for processing all vital information. To provide a common interface between the software and hardware components a layer of abstraction is formed visa the process of virtualization.
The server administrators operating through the common cloud can carry upon easy optimization for storage efficiency, data backups, optimal energy usage and many other services. The cloud hosting is a much cheaper solution than the physical severs. There are no costs associated with additional serve set ups. Customers need to pay for the bandwidth usage. They can use them to deliver images, media files and streaming music.
Best Features Of Cloud Hosting
- The shared hosting infrastructure has received a step up with the cloud hosting.
- Security and load handling capability are best features of this system.
- You can extend your limits of use from the hardware to various other machines.
- Your online operations are not limited to a particular server.
- Users get the power to access a number of servers that are connected via the common cloud platform.
- The limitation of a web site within the resources of any hard drive can be exploited by extending its use beyond the physical units like RAM, bandwidth etc.
- With the cloud infrastructure you can develop an inexhaustible computing power.
- The traffic requirements are rightly met and scaling up traffic is the most important outcome.
Dynamic Allocation Of Servers
A number of servers can be connected dynamically as and when required. The allocation of servers can be done as and when required. Servers can be added or removed from cluster without causing disruption to customers and users. The small and medium enterprises use such web hosting architecture to cut down costs of IT expenditure. Load balancing can be done at the software level.
Features That Make Cloud Hosting A Need
Quick and easy control- The launching of cloud servers is simple and easy. Users do not need to worry about server set up. They can keep focus on delivering content. The control of servers via cloud hosts is quick and easy. Secured data transmission is most attractive feature. One can dynamically allocate servers and resize servers according to the traffic requirements.
Affordable and within budget- Users pay for resources that they use bearing no extra costs. They may be opened to the large Internet and Web servers. The costs are measured in terms of hosting per hour. Hosting budgets can be controlled effectively. One gets affordable bandwidth, pricing, control over monthly bills and also ensures no price hike in case of huge traffic. Rates are affordable to users and are within budget.
Scalability that allows dynamic allocation– The incredible speed of cloud hosting is increasing demand of cloud servers. Adding servers to keep up to rising demands is not complicated at all. With few clicks the scalability of the architecture can be increased.
Data isolation and reliability– Within same physical servers, sharing of data is easy. No intermixing takes place and data isolation feature allows secure and reliable transmission. Servers are not stressed and you get the best services and performance.
Customized solutions to design your server – Cloud hosting has a unique feature that allows you to customize your server. The server’s processing power, location use of operating system helps to configure the server according to your need, one can present the contents is best possible way to attract users again and again.
Safety – Cloud hosting helps keep all your personal data and transmitted data safe. Information is also protected in case of hardware failure. The sever contents are kept safe and up-to-date and users can use them without any malicious attack.
Atanu Shaw is a web hosting consultant who provides daily tips on ServerSpace.co.uk to find best dedicated server, server hosting, web hosting and cloud hosting solution for business.
Andrew - Server Space says
Scalability – This is a key to this subject.
As businesses grow they need policies, strategies and solutions in place that can easily take more capacity. Outsourcing certain functions is about operational efficiency. Cloud hosting is built to be scalable.