KeyCDN have been working towards making the content delivery a less expensive and smarter affair. They are also trying to provide the best services in the content delivery network so that you can carry on with your work efficiently. The complexity of a CDN is taken care of by KeyCDN. Even if you are a small business then also you will be able to afford the services of KeyCDN.
KeyCDN provides its users with high performance at affordable prices. They claim to be providing you with the required support system to give your content the much required hype.
If we dig deep into the matter, then we will find that this particular CDN comes with many features and functionality. Moreover, when you are dealing with information security always lingers in your mind, therefore you want to make sure that the network that you are using is high in performance and low in latency. KeyCDN is supposed to provide you with the best possible security with well organized effort from their side and that is the reason their client seems to be happy with the services provided by them.
- They have come up with this feature called Push and Pull Functionality where you have the ability of creating multiple zones as per your requirement.
- You will have the power to configure each zone separately and the various changes that you will make will be updated within a few minutes all across.
- There are many general features like using your CNAMESs, force downloads, GZip compression, creating as many zones as required, exporting raw log file and Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS).
In order to help you out the features of push zone and pull zone are mentioned separately so that you can manage the settings of each zone separately. But before we go into the features of Push zone or Pull zone, let’s see how they have defined these two terminologies.
Push Zone and Pull Zone
So, in the Push zone all your content is uploaded through FTP and Pull Zone store your contents promptly from the web server when the first request is made. Now that we got an idea about what exactly these two zones are, we can get into the features of Push and Pull zones.
Push through the zone as we already know content can be uploaded and as there is no restriction on the file size, therefore you can go ahead and upload any file size. This zone also makes the content available within a few minutes all across the globe and they will provide you with the directory listing to help you organize your content without any difficulty.
Pull zone will cache files right after the first request. The cache is built based on various criteria such as Query strings.
The dashboard gives you a good overview of all ongoing activities. The KeyCDN management dashboard is flexible enough to help you in configuring any of the two zone types. As mentioned earlier you will be given a first hand report of what is going on and if you are making any changes, then it will reflect on the dashboard within few minutes. You can also access the dashboard from your tablet or Smartphones.
Here, let’s look into the dashboard features
- It is easy to understand the data. The reporting data can be displayed as a line chart or a table.
- Moreover the reporting is done in almost real time and availing the account is also possible in real time.
- You can easily manage the Zones and CNAMEs.
- Even managing the invoice becomes much easier.
- The user interface is kept friendly and accessible from any device including your Smartphone and tablet.
- More than one FTP user accounts and file browser which comes under Push Zone.
- The reporting is done in table format so that it is easy to understand
When you log in to KeyCDN you will get an overview all important action steps are described on the website, such as creating a Pull or Push Zone, uploading data to a Push Zone or how to create Zonealiases. Then you will get different tabs which will hold much more detailed information about Account settings, Reporting, Payment, Zones, Zonealiases, Subusers, API and then last but not the least Knowledge Base.
How much storage has been used already or how many zones are there will be mentioned in separate boxes so that you are aware of these things. They support and provide easy integration for Drupal, Joomla, WordPress and Magento.
Moving ahead with KeyCDN review, we will now delve into security features. When we are working on the internet the security is the biggest concern due to obvious reasons. Therefore, it is said that KeyCDN has taken precautions well ahead to help their clients get better support without worrying about security.
KeyCDN is not only about speed, but it is also said to provide the best security for all your content. It is setting high standards in terms of security. This is made possible by taking into consideration certain factors like easy configuration of SSL certificates through a click or two and separate access tokens provided for highly developed access management.
In order to take care of the security of the content three different methods are applied –
- Secure Token – These are secured links which are made available for a particular period of time. This method makes sure that you are not able to download any content which is stored under secured link without having proper validation and the interesting part is that your validation can be for a few seconds or it can be provided for a few days as well.
- Shared SSL – Contents in here can be accessed by anybody as it is totally free. You do not pay anything to enable Shared SSL on the dashboard.
- Custom SSL – If you want to activate your CNAMEs then you can take the help of Custom SSL. KeyCDN can create one for you and if you already have one Custom SSL certificate, then you can send it over to them. The good news is that SAN certificates and Wildcard both are supported by them.
The KeyCDN review has come up with the following benefits of this particular CDN and they are as follows –
- Consistent performer – They have stored their data all around the globe as we all know the shorter the distance will be between the content and the users the faster it will reach its end users. This is the reason why KeyCDN has been able to perform consistently and with such a high success rate.
- Seamless scalability – It doesn’t matter what subscription you choose all it matters is that the users are provided with the right scale effortlessly.
- Secured CDN – Every possible security measure has been taken into consideration starting from encrypting to configuration.
- Dependability – The request of the users are directed to the nearest possible location and if by any chance one server fails to deliver then the next possible server comes to action automatically.
- Diversified – You can use the CDN for podcasts, distribution of software, any game packages other than a website which is a known fact. So if you have any kind of content then KeyCDN will work as a perfect platform.
- Better user experience – Now the users want everything to be delivered in blazing speed, therefore keeping this in mind the speed has been enhanced so that the users are able to achieve what they want.
- Money Saver – The facilities and features provided by the KeyCDN is said to be missing in other major CDNs, or web hosting so when you join them you will start saving from the very first day.
- Contributes towards SEO – When the ranking is decided for each page by a Google algorithm then you will find speed to be one of deciding factor, so when you have speed on your side then you are surely to score over others.
The most important factor in deciding whether the client will choose this service provider over others is the “Pricing”. If you can provide an affordable pricing along with good service, then you will not find it hard to get a huge customer base. Now the KeyCDN review will continue towards the pricing to find out how the pay-as-you-go (PAYG) pricing model works.
It has been advertised that they will be charging only what you use and the payment is absolutely transparent and the lowest in the business. If you are one of those users who generally get high traffic of almost 50TB each month then they will be providing you with even lower price than this.
- You won’t find any hidden cost in here, everything is mentioned bold and clear so you will be charged for what you have been using and no extra charges will be included at the end of the month to your surprise.
- If you are not using your account, then nothing will be charged against that. You will only be charged for what you are storing. The equation is plain and simple and without any trick.
- No special package will be made available here. It is pay as you use because the KeyCDN believes that package doesn’t suit all and they only make policies which is favorable for every user.
- You won’t be made to pay a minimum amount in order to avail the service
- If they will build you the custom SSL then it will be ready within 2 working days, but that doesn’t mean that you will have to create the custom SSL through them only. If you already have one, then you can use it freely, but if you don’t have one, then you can get it done for $99 per year.
- For creating zones no extra cost is charged. Creating additional zones is absolutely free of cost.
- Then, even for the HTTP requests and other usages relate to the traffic are made free. So you can avail these services without paying a penny.
- 25 GB of traffic is made available for one year who signs up with KeyCDN.
- The users can pay through Visa, American Express, PayPal and MasterCard without getting charged anything extra.
- The users have free access to Shared SSL too. You just need to enable it on your dashboard and you will be able to operate it within few minutes.
If you are talking about the network, then you will be pretty surprised to know that they have all their Points of presence which consists of multiple servers around the continents and at major locations, making it possible for the users to get easy and quick access to the sites. KeyCDN review is done to find out what are the best features and services they offer to their customers and the strategically positioned global network, which is serving many satisfied customers.
They have strategically placed their data centers in America, Europe and Asia. So, in America the data centers are located in
- Dallas (TX)
- Jacksonville (FL)
- Los Angeles
- New York
In Europe you will find the data centers at –
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Milano, Italy
- Roubaix, France
The Asian Data Center is located near –
- Hong Kong, China
- Tokyo, Japan
Through the KeyCDN review the points that got highlighted are –
- It provides you speed with security
- Pay as you use
- Network strategically positioned to reach out to users within minimum of time
- Real time updates and helping others through data centres all across.
Overall, it is a good investment as you will be getting a better return on investment through this. They endow with great value for your money and makes sure that their service is up and running always. Even if one server fails to act, then the next possible server the next possible server will take over without any delay or interruption.